Intellectual Property (IP) is arguably one of the most important aspects that lead to a company’s success. Having a good understanding of IP and taking the proper steps to protect your company’s IP will help give a company a better chance in succeeding. All businesses have IP which should be protected, it may be a trademark, copyright, patent, industrial design and more. Imagine where Apple would be if it did not file for any patents or McDonalds if they did not register or protect their trademark.
In this session we will look at:
• The differences between intellectual property and trademark rights
• Types of intellectual property and trademark rights
• The importance of intellectual property and trademark protection for a business
• How to protect your intellectual property and trademarks in the UAE
• Defending a company’s IP rights and avoiding infringement against other company’s rights
Munir Suboh, Partner & Head of Intellectual Property Practice, BSA Ahmad Bin Hezeem & Associates LLP
Munir joined BSA in 2018 as a Partner and Head of the Intellectual Property Practice. Practicing in the Middle East since 2006, he has worked on numerous contentious and non-contentious IP works including trademarks, trade names, copyrights, patents, trade secrets and domain names. He also works on commercialisation and complex disputes of IP rights.